I know how much everyone cherishes his white Adidas primeknit sneakers. The last thing you will want, is to see them get dirty (this is unfortunately a very common issue with white sneakers). Knowing that you can do very little about getting them back to look like the original state when you first bought them is also disappointing. Well, if this is your worry, then there is a piece of good news for you. The good news is here in this post, and it (this post) is designed to tackle issues on how to clean white Adidas Primeknit sneakers, so that they look fresh and new again.
The Best Way to Clean White Adidas Primeknit Sneakers
So without any further ado, let me quickly take you through the requisite procedures on how to get your dirty looking Primeknit (white) sneakers back to the original state when you first bought them.
Materials needed are:
- Warm water
- Laundry detergent or washing soap or any trusted sneaker cleaner
- Clean rags (2)
- Soft bristled scrubbing brush
- Washing bowls (2)
How to use the materials gathered above:
Please follow the guidelines that I have provided below, so that you can use the above cleaning materials that you have gathered to properly clean your white Adidas Primeknit sneakers.
- Prepare your shoes for the cleaning process. The first step you should take after you have gathered all the requisite cleaning materials is to prepare your shoes for cleaning. With this step, all you need to do is to unthread the laces of your sneakers and then stuff them (sneakers) with rag. It is important that you stuff your sneakers with rag so that it (rag) absorbs excess water that might get inside your sneakers whiles working on the exterior parts of the shoe.
- Prepare cleaning solution. The next step involves preparing a cleaning solution. In order to prepare a cleaning solution, you will need to mix 2 teaspoons of laundry detergent with about 2 cups of warm water in a washing bowl. Stir your mixture until it is foamy. If your shoelaces are dirty, you can soak them in this mixture whiles you clean your sneakers. You can also prepare a similar mixture in another bowl, purposely for the shoelaces.
- Now, scrub your sneakers. When your cleaning solution is prepared, you can now begin the cleaning process. The cleaning process involves dipping clean rag into the cleaning solution and then in a circular motion firmly and gently scrub the exterior parts of your Primeknit sneakers. You should focus on the areas that have stains on them.
- Scrub difficult areas with soft bristled brush. For areas on your sneakers that have stubborn stains on them for instance, can be scrubbed gently by using a soft bristled scrubbing brush. Also the mid-sole and out-sole areas of your Primeknit sneakers can equally be scrubbed using a soft bristled brush. You can also use an old toothbrush to scrub narrow areas of the sneakers, for instance the area in between the mid-sole and the upper parts of the shoe.
- Now, rinse your sneakers. If you are satisfied with how clean your sneakers now look after scrubbing, then it is now time to rinse them (if you are not satisfied with the cleanness of your sneakers, then you can repeat the scrubbing process). In rinsing your sneakers, the process involves dipping clean rag into clean warm water and then gently wipe off the soap residue on your sneakers.
- Dry your shoes. After rinsing your sneakers, the next step is to dry them. Just as I have always instructed in earlier posts, and I will repeat it here; do not dry your shoes under direct sunlight, as they may get damaged by the harsh sun rays. You can dry your shoes in a well ventilated area.
- Wash out your shoelaces and dry them on a drying line.
When your primeknit sneakers and shoelaces are properly dried, thread back the shoelaces and your sneakers should now be looking clean and fresh as new.