There is no doubt that the Vans Company is one of the most famous apparel manufacturing companies in the world. When it comes to men, women and children footwear and other products, the apparel industry can barely do without the quality products that the Vans Company produces. It is no surprise that the Vans Company has over the years been a very successful apparel company.
The success story of the Vans Company you see today did actually start from something I will say very small, with the smallest of resources. However, irrespective of their small start, the company has been able to grow big and become one of the power houses in the apparel industry. Below are some awesome facts about Vans that I will like to share with you.
- The Vans Company was founded in the year 1966 in California, USA on March 16. Its opening day had only 12 customers present.
- The Vans Company was founded by James Van Doren and Paul Van Doren who are siblings. However, they partnered by Serge Delia and Gordon Lee.
- On its open day, the Vans Company sold 12 pairs of the #44 Deck Shoes model. The #44 Deck shoe is now known as the Vans Authentic.
- The Vans Company is dedicated to the skating community. In 2011, the company opened an indoor skate park in Brooklyn New York City in the USA, and in the year 2014, Vans opened another skate park in London, England. Vans skate parks are known as the “House of Vans”.
- Famous celebrities associated with Vans include rock band Metallic who have their own line of Vans shoes.
- The Vans Company was originally named Van Doren Rubber Company. However, the name was changed in 1988 to Vans Inc. when the original founders sold the Company to its new owners McCown De Leeuw and Co.
- Skateboarding icons Stacy Peralta and Tony Alva designed Vans most celebrated shoe. Thus, the Vans #95, which is also known as the Era. The Vans #95 was designed in the year 1976.
What is the meaning of the Vans slogan “Off the Wall”? Well, it means out of the ordinary or out of the norm.
- In the year 2016, the Vans Company celebrated its 50th anniversary.
More on Vans; Vans Classic Slip-on Review and Rating.